Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello all! I just realized it's been awhile since I've written.

Well for those of you who don't know, I guess the major news is that I dislocated my knee cap (yes, again) right before Thanksgiving. I was at a kick-boxing class with the roomie and down I went. It's been healing up really well and I'm out of my brace and doing things more normally again. As of today, I can go up and down the stairs again like a normal person, so that is really exciting. No skiing yet, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make it up sometime in late Feb. or March. Who moves to Colorado and can't ski? Honestly.

Other news is that I'm moving to a new place on February 1st. I should save a little on rent so that'll be really nice. I'm definitely going to miss the place I'm at now and my roomie, but I'm sure we'll still hang out and see each other after I move out. I'm going to miss all the pets too! No pets at the new place. :( My new roomie is a guy so that will be interesting...I've never lived with a guy before and he's never lived with a girl before so I'm sure we'll learn a lot as we go. I'm really excited for the new neighborhood too. I'll be about the same distance to downtown (about 2-3 miles), but I'll be on the southeast side rather than the northwest side. The neighborhood has a little bit more going on and more things within walking or busing distance so that will be really cool.

My friends Jess and Lindsay are coming out next weekend and we are going to do a few brewery tours, head up to the mountains and do whatever else sound like fun so I'm really looking forward to that. My mom is coming out the first weekend of Feburary too and we are going to head up to Breckenridge and Vail for a couple days.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on out here other than working and playing, both of which are going well!

Amanda

Oh and some of you over X-mas were asking how you could comment on this page and I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to sign up and with an id and password and then there should be a link at the bottom that says "post comment".

No comments: