Saturday, August 16, 2008

Busy few weeks!

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been really busy at work! We have a few projects we are trying to finish up and we are also preparing for the DNC. Lots of craziness.

Last week, I flew out to Utah at the last minute to help one of my colleagues take soil-gas samples. I was in Richfield, UT and for those of you who don't know where that is, it is about 3 hours south of Salt Lake City on I-15. A guy out there unknowingly purchased a property that used to be a dry-cleaners and turned it into a gymnastics school. The problem is, the dry-cleaners probably dumped cleaning solutions out the door onto the ground and now those chemicals are giving off gases that are rising up through the foundation into the school. These fumes are not good to breath and they are at really high levels that will probably need to be fixed. So I was there to take the samples of air and see how much chemical was in it.

The best part was that we finished our work one day a little early so we drove down to Cedar Breaks National Park which is part of the whole rock formation creating Bryce Canyon and Zion, which I love!! So beautiful and just an awesome drive. I love UT.

This week, I was back up in Leadville taking soil samples again. We are trying to finish up that project soon, but people keep requesting to be sampled so we are adding houses left and right. I am heading back up there Tuesday and Wednesday of next week to finish up and then it is full on to the DNC.

I am really looking forward to the DNC being over so that we can all relax again. Also, on Labor Day weekend, my friends Tarah and Kyle are coming to visit me, so I'm really excited about that!!!

I'll keep you all posted on the events at the DNC and what and who I get to see. I just hope crazy people don't do crazy things that I have to try and fix! :)

No comments: